Holiday in Meran and Environs
Alpine-Mediterranean lifestyle in Schenna near Meran
A holiday in Meran and surroundings presents all its magnificent beauty in every season. Here, in the midst of the imposing South Tyrolean mountains, between picturesque fruit orchards and Mediterranean palm trees, you can experience the centuries-old traditions and customs of Meran & Environs, enjoy the wonderful weather, and get far away from the stress and hectic of daily life. The small spa town on the sunny side of the Alps owes its fame to the lovely Empress Sissi, who chose it as her winter residence because of its mild temperatures.
Today, there are countless sights to visit in Meran and Environs:
- Kurhaus, which was built in Art Nouveau style and is one of Merano's landmarks.
- City parish church of St. Nicholas, the church is dedicated to the trade and water saint Nicholas of Myra.
- Gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle, about 80 different plants with native and exotic plants.
- Terme Merano, wellness worlds on 3,200 square meters.
- medieval arcades, are already over 800 years old.
- Schenna Castle, one of the most important castles in South Tyrol.
- Goyen Castle, one of the oldest and at the same time best preserved castles in the area around Merano.
- Rametz Castle, the private wine museum at Rametz Castle will tell you everything about viticulture.
As you can see, during your stay at our resort in Merano and its surroundings you will be spoilt for choice.
An oasis of wellbeing between mountains and palm trees – at the heart of the city and yet wonderfully tranquil. If you are looking for quiet luxury, this is the place to be. A sky spa above the roofs, a garden spa at the palm garden, and thermal baths for luxury wellness. Enjoy wellness treatments from all over the world performed by experienced hands. Feel the healing effects of its precious water. Lean back and relax.
Follow a shallow 15th-century irrigation channel that once supplied the surrounding meadows and forests. From Obermais near Meran, you follow the circular route to Saltaus and back again. Dense forests, picturesque meadows, idyllic vineyards, and orchards, as well as the imposing peaks of the Vinschgau mountains, will captivate you.
Moments of happiness in nature are a blessing for the soul. Where is there a unique botanical garden? In Meran, not far from our hotel in Meran & Environs, opens up impressive views of local and exotic garden landscapes over 12 hectares as well as breath-taking views of the picturesque surroundings of Meran. Colours, shapes, and aromas unite here to form a unique symbiosis that bewitches the heart and awakens the senses.